Friday, June 19, 2009

Finally...it's out!!

Friday, June 19, 2009
Yesterday night was driving me crazy because i know UPU results will be coming out today. I kept thinking what i will be getting and was feeling rather impatient for today to come. So, i got up earlier today because the website stated i can check my results by 11 am. I turn on my computer and msn looking forward to know the results. I tried a few times logging in to the website but it was having problem loading. The line must be busy i thought. Then my friend message me saying that the the results will only be out by 12pm. What?! Have to wait again?..=.=ll..that was my reaction..Then, after some time, Dad call me asking for my matric no. so i ask him why he needed it. He say can check already. I refused to give him my matric no. because i want to check it myself. Instead, he gave me the website and i key in my IC and matric no. Once again, i am shocked when i see what was stated at the screen 'Tahniah, anda telah ditawarkan pengajian di UKM - Sains Pertuturan". My first reaction was 'What?! My last choice? OMG..this is the course i least look forward to.'..Then all sorts of feelings start running in my mind. How? I never expect to get this at all because obviously that is why i put it as my last choice. I thought i will at least get my 3rd of 4th choice. Suprisingly, my family members were quite supportive. They all say that this is a good course because not many people choose this kind of course and the demand will be quite high in the future. But when i told my friends about this, their reaction was 'Hah?! What course is this? Got this type of course?...=.=ll...Well, honestly not many people know about this course so i will be having a hard time explaining to everyone i know when they ask me what i get..>.<...One thing i am happy about is that a lot of my friends got the same university as me and that means we can meet more often..haha..=D.. Well, i guess God has his plans and reason for putting me in this course. I might be hoping to get pharmacy, physiotherapy or optometry but maybe all these courses doesn't suits me so i am just grateful for at least i got 1 of the 8 choices i applied. As the saying goes, something is better than nothing. It's better than not getting a place at all. Who knows, maybe i will grow to like this course once i am in it. I don't know why but i am always the one different from others. Last time, i am the only one from my school who get choosen to go to Johor Matriculation college. Now, i am the only one who get choosen to do speech science course. Weird huh??..But i believe everything happens for a reason. Yesterday, i read my horoscope. It stated ' A little luck is coming your way. It is likely you would be getting something to which you are entitled, something you were beginning to think would never come to you.'. I guess this means me getting this totally unexpected course..haha..I will be starting a new life at a new place soon. Hope that everything goes well. Wish me luck!!..=D

5 comments:

adelewill said...

hi lynette!..this is adelene...
congratulations!!...just to let you know, my brother, michael's wife is a speech therapist at sunway hospital and she also took the same course at UKM which you are going to take..
It's a very good course and there is a very high demand for speech therapists...
she will be coming to banting in 2 weeks time(I think).. you can talk to her in church...

:-)

Lynette said...

Oh.i see..
will be looking forward to talk to her to know more about this course..=D
Thanks a lot!!

Anonymous said...

I was trying to do some research on this course and I came across your blog. It's also one of my last choices. So yea, we are in the same falcuty.

Anonymous said...

My name is Jardian. From Sarawak. Nice to meet you girl:)

Lynette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
❤ My life, my story ❤ © 2014