Friday, August 7, 2009

A Big Step For Me

Friday, August 7, 2009
Finally, after thinking for some time, i decided to take up the challenge to be a dancer for 'Pesta Tanglung UKM (PT)'. I hope that this decision i made is right and that i will not regret it. To be involved in PT as a dancer will need me to sacrifice a lot of things but i think it will be worth it. Yesterday was the first practice. We didn't really learnt how to dance yet. Instead, we had a warm up session or intro class where we were taught how to use our body during dancing to avoid injuries. Well, it's definitely challenging and tiring although it's just warming up. Joining this activity will surely be a big step for me because PT is a very big programme so the standard is quite high. They hired professional dancing teachers to teach us and yeah, they are really professional so obviously they want the best and will push us to the limit. I really have to prepare myself both physically and mentally for this because it uses a lot of my strength and energy. One also have to be really strong mentally in order not to give up under pressure and stress. I hope i will be strong enough to go through it. Yesterday was just the warm up session, but one of my friend already decided to quit. A senior who was a dancer last year told me that at first, we will think that it's not worth it all with all the stress and pressure but if we were determined and strong enough to persist through the end, it will be totally worth it. It will be a really priceless memory and experience. I am going to be really busy from now on with practices. Not going to be able to go back often anymore because i might need to sacrifice my weekends. However, i hope all these won't affect my studies. I am determined to do it. I am not going to give up no matter how hard it is. I KNOW I CAN DO IT!! Yes, i can!! Nothing is impossible as long as you put your heart in it!!

No comments:

❤ My life, my story ❤ © 2014