Monday, September 20, 2010

Memories oh memories :)

Monday, September 20, 2010

Memories were made to last a lifetime. I am grateful to have some to look back to :) One of my precious memory came into mind today. It was when I was chosen to be a dancer for Pesta Tanglung UKM last year. It actually came as a surprise cause I seriously don't think I did well in the audition stage. Surprisingly enough, I was told I was chosen simply because she (my dance instructor) saw something in me :) Till now, I still wonder what she saw in me..LOL

Last year was the 30th one and the 31st one will be coming in two weeks time. This makes my mind wandered back to the time where I was one of the dancer for the event. Honestly, I can't believe I am actually missing it despite the hardships I had to go through. It was the hardest thing I have ever endured so far. Lots of sacrifice, tears, bruises...etc To practice for idunnohowmanyhours almost every day is freaking hard and tiring. Feeling sick, fill with bruises and blister on my leg and feet makes it even worse. There are countless moment where I just feel like giving up because I can't seem to catch up with others and I was unwilling to make the sacrifice. It was all too hard for me.

You must be wondering. Why on earth am I missing all these then right? Well, I sure don't miss those moments when I am at my worse but the truth is, I think those moments helped me grow stronger. I still remember the time where I was at the verge of giving up completely 1 or 2 weeks before the event because I just couldn't take it anymore. The practices were intense and using up a lot of my energy and my body was feeling completely weak. At that moment, I just wanna let go of everything and go back to my normal life. I wanna have a good rest but I know how much I wanted this so it was really hard to give up. I was struggling with this decision and everyone kept telling me that I have come so far. I should just bear with it for a few weeks and it will all be over.

Guess what?? Yes, I didn't give up and I did feel really proud of myself for that :) The event was a successful one and I had fun dancing in front of so many audience that day. Some of my coursemates and seniors came to shower me with flower bouquet at the end of the event and I was deeply surprised. What's better is my lovely family came all the way to support me as well :) It was at the end where I feel it was all worth it. The experience, the memories I got were priceless. Simply priceless.

PT UKM 30, thanks for giving me a chance to be a part of you. Thanks for the experience. Thanks for the memories :) You will definitely be staying in my memory forever :)

2 comments:

ken said...

it's normal for us to reminisce the past, both good and bad.. =)

~♥ Lynette Tan ♥~ said...

yup and it's actually nice to do that once in a while :)

❤ My life, my story ❤ © 2014