Friday, November 12, 2010

3 Idiots

Friday, November 12, 2010

Just finished watching this movie. All I can say is "Wow! What a nice movie!" Funny yet inspiring and meaningful. Awesomeness!! =D The story revolves around three friends in their university days with a twist when they grow up. Here's the full synopsis :) 

One particular quote that they always use in the movie is Aal izz well whenever they face a problem. In fact, it's actually all is well..LOL..One of them asked "Does saying all is well solve the problem?"..."No, of cause not" answered the other. "But it gives you the courage to solve the problem" Love this :D

Follow your dreams, follow your passion is part of what this movie is trying to portray. One of them have no interest at all in Engineering but he still studied for it. Why? For his parents' sake. This happens a lot almost everywhere. Every parent wants their child to be successful, to be a professional but do they consider whether their child is happy with their choice? So what if they get a degree in medicine, law or engineering? The question remains " Is that really what they want?" If it is, then good. If it's not, they will regret it for their rest of their life cause they are not living a life that they have wanted. 

University life is definitely not all about studies. Just like the saying "All study and no play makes Jack a dull boy". Seriously, there's more to life than just studies. Yes, you enter a university to gain knowledge, to study for a degree but it's also a place for you to experience a lot of things about life. Enter a university with a passion to learn. Not just to pass all exams and get a degree. A  lot of us enter university for the sake of it and  treat every exam as if it's the most important thing in the world. We study till wee hours of the morning or late at night trying to memorize every single facts, concepts or theories in the hope that it will help us score well in our exams or at least pass. But what use is that? We ended up forgetting most of it after our exam anyway. I am not saying study is not important.  Study because you want to, to gain knowledge. Not because you just wanted to pass the exam. Of cause you still need to score well in your exams to get a degree but don't treat studies as though it's your everything. Yes, you need a degree to secure a good job and that's it. Degree is still a piece of paper in the end. What's more important is the knowledge and experience we gain. Agree? :)

This definitely applies to me. I have been in my university for 1 1/2 years but I think I have been living it simply. I study because I wanted to pass the exam and graduate. Because I want to make my parents proud but am I happy? Not really. It feels as though I am just studying for the sake of it not because of my passion. Being in a speech-language course is definitely out of my plan. I never ever see myself in it. In fact, I don't really know anything about it until I entered it. And here I am now, almost half way through my course. I don't think that I have been studying with the thought that "I want to help those children and adult in need". Rather, I study for exams and dread failures everytime. I should definitely start changing my view on this. It might not be what I planned, but that's life isn't it? Life doesn't always go as planned and we just have to go with the flow. Have faith that we are somewhere for a reason for it's all in God's plan. Like I mentioned above, study because you want to, to gain knowledge. Not just for the sake of passing exam. All that is important is make sure you try your very best. Pass or fail?? Let God decide that. He had a reason for everything that happens to us. Even if we fail, it's not like the end of the world right? Stand up and move on. Keep looking forward and don't ever give up!! :)

Aamir Khan's character in the movie really inspires me. Watch it and be inspired too!! =)

1 comment:

engtaukia.com said...

yea. i watched it yesterday ! inspiring movie.. LOL

❤ My life, my story ❤ © 2014