Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Final Ember

Tuesday, November 30, 2010
The Final Ember tells the tale of a young girl who is dying of cancer, and how she lives her final day.




I see another beautiful morning.
I receive another new day.
I count my blessings that I get to feel the warmth of life once more.
I treasure, as if it is my last.

Everyday, I write a letter to myself.
I write about happy things, about sad things.
I write about life, about love.
I write about fear, about hope.
I write about my family, about friends.
About him.

If he had known, would he still love me?
I guess I'll never knew.
What I do know is that he will read every letter
that i have written to him.
To tell him how much he means to me.
So that he can continue to feel my affections.
Even after I have left this world.

I never miss my stroll, no matter how cold the weather is.
Maybe it's not the weather.
Perhaps it's just me. Growing weaker day by day.
Waiting for the tumour to devour my existence.
Waiting for the inevitable..

Why must it be me?
Bestowed the gift of life.
Only to be taken away.
I am only 24.

I took a long shower today.
Hoping that the tumour will be washed way like dirt in my hands.
I..I feel terrible.
This is the moment I feared the most.
But yet, I am glad it has finally arrived.

I can finally move on.
To seek for a brand new beginning.
Tomorrow has to wait..
...in eternity.

*******************

What does this story tells us? 
It tell us to appreciate life.
Being able to live is already a blessing.
Some might not even have the chance to live.
So make the most out of your life.
Live your life to the fullest.
Be grateful and thank God when you wake up in the morning.
That means you have another chance, another day to live.
APPRECIATE YOUR LIFE.

4 comments:

cysquare said...

like*.thumbs up*

~♥ Lynette Tan ♥~ said...

thanks!! :D

Chester Tan said...

Hi Lynette,
Glad you like the photo story. You even painstakingly transcribed all the words in the story. Cheers!

Chester

~♥ Lynette Tan ♥~ said...

:)

❤ My life, my story ❤ © 2014