Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My first session, my first experience =)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Phew! Finally my clinic session is over! Well, just for this week though =/ 1 session down, 9 more to go! =S Met my client for the first time today. A 4 year old Malay boy with curly hair. Mad cute! :D Many things didn't go according to what I plan today. Out of all the things I listed out on my plan, I actually only managed to take the case history. Talked quite a lot with his parents and I am glad that I managed to talk to them at ease. In fact, I think I build more rapport with his parents more than the child today :O I can't seem to get his attention and thus, I am unable to carry out any assessment test on him..sigh :( 

Anyway, it's still a feeling of relieve after finishing the session although I personally don't think I did good :/ So it came as a surprise when my supervisor actually told me that I did quite well already :O According to her, this is what most beginning clinicians face and it's considered pretty NORMAL. Make me feel so much better after hearing that. It's my first session anyway, so I know there's still much room for improvement :) Will definitely try to improve and make it better for the next session! :) 

I don't think I will ever stop thinking about my client not until he finishes all his 10 session with me. It's all about thinking what to do with him next after one session ended so it's like a continuous cycle :O This week's plan was totally not working. Got to come up with a new plan for next week and hopefully it will work! >.< 

What a day it is today! Went out before 8am and got back only after 5pm. Clinic followed by class for the whole day. Mad tired! Mentally more than physically I think. Anyway, I pretty much enjoyed what I learnt from clinic as well as class today :)

Okay, that's all for today. Gotta go get my stuffs done. Byeeeee! :)

No comments:

❤ My life, my story ❤ © 2014