Thursday, September 5, 2013

Grandma's Birthday @ Fong Lye Taiwan Fusion Cuisine Restaurant

Thursday, September 5, 2013
Was here to celebrate grandma's belated birthday last weekend. It's another restaurant by Fong Lye which specialized in steamboat & teppanyaki located at Level 3, The Gardens, Mid Valley.    

Elegant exterior before you enter the restaurant. Hence, the first thing that came into my mind was "It must be expensive" lol





Cute little piggy banks just as we entered the restaurant :)



Simple yet pretty table setting :)




Love the flowers decorations! (:


Love this "glittering illuminations" effect :D



Interesting cutlery for dessert. It's actually a fork and a spoon :O

Took some photos while waiting for the food to arrive :D


Daddy & Mummy dearest :)


Tried taking a selca using my new camera 180° tiltable monitor but did not really succeed lol






Selca success! :D Love this photo of sis & me! :) By the way, I love my hair colour here :D

And then, the food starts arriving...

Switched on the "Appetizing food" function & started clicking the shutter button non-stop :P

Teppanyakis & appetizers. I don't really remember the name of the dishes:/





Got artistic feel or not? Haha! :P

More food pictures :)


Seaweed soup on the right. Spicy soup on the left. Preferred the seaweed soup as the spicy soup was too spicy for my level :/


Steamboat ingredients.


Fried red snapper. 


I ate an Angry bird that day..


and sis ate a bear's head lol


Big prawns!! :D



Spotted this cute kid sitting opposite me & he looked exactly into my camera when I secretly tried to snap a photo of him! lol :D

Then, came the most exciting part for me. Dessert time!! For a sweet tooth like me, it makes me very happy for sure!! Haha!

Each plate of dessert was served with mango custard pudding & a pastry or cake. 


Cream-puff pastry with red bean paste filling. Yums. I love this :D


Some-sort of cheese cake. 


Looks like a chocolate cake but it's actually black sesame mousse! Kinda like this too :D

More family photos :)





Cake cutting time! 



The cake was from Komugi Cafe @ Pavilion (: Was too full by then so did not really enjoyed the cake :/


A group photo before we left. We are one big family :)

These are the first sets of photos taken using my new camera, Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6. Super like how all the photos turned out! Pretty colours. Sharp image. Variety of effects to choose from. And the price is pretty reasonable too at RM 1850. Highly recommended to buy! :)  

No comments:

❤ My life, my story ❤ © 2014